Girls Varsity Softball
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- May 16, 2018
- : 0
FLAT ROCK COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL: 8
- Huron Chiefs Varsity Can't Hold Up Against Flat Rock
- Huron Chiefs Varsity had a tough time generating runs on Wednesday, dropping their game with Flat Rock 8-0.
- A single by Faith Callahan in the first inning was a positive for Huron Chiefs Varsity.
- Kopp was the winning pitcher for Flat Rock. She allowed five hits and zero runs over seven innings, striking out two and walking zero.
- Gracie Brinkerhoff took the loss for Huron Chiefs Varsity. She allowed five hits and five runs over five and two-thirds innings, striking out five.
- Lexi Thomas, Erin Bressler, Camille Gray, Maddie Campbell, and Callahan each collected one hit to lead Huron Chiefs Varsity.
- Kopp went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Flat Rock in hits. Flat Rock didn't commit a single error in the field. Somerset had the most chances in the field with ten.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.
"This was a tough loss to watch. I thought we started out and played pretty well early. Made some huge plays early, thing defensively we have not really done, we performed and executed. So that was a bright spot on the day. Brinkerhoff is holding her own. She has been stepping up pitching when we really need her, but offensively, if we can't figure out a way to generate runs, we are going to continue to struggle. So that is going to take some adjusting and the good news: we have time to figure it out. Not a ton of it, but I think if we grind some thing out these next couple weeks, it should put us back in good shape come district time."